Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
These cinnamon apples taste like a cobbler or pie without the crust. I was looking for a recipe for Cinnamon apples and all I could find were recipes for baking the whole apple - not what I wanted. After much searching I finally came across this recipe - I unfortunately cannot remember the site. It can easily be reduced to 2 or 3 apples, just watch it as it cooks. We serve this over ice cream and it is delicious. It can also be used on pancakes, waffles, or all by itself.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place cut and peeled apples in a mixing bowl and gently mix all the ingredients together.
- Put apples in a non-stick pan; cover and place in the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring at least once every 15 minutes.
- Once they are soft, cook for another few minutes to thicken the cinnamon sauce.
- I like to put everything into my baking dish and then mix it since there is less to clean up.
These are really yummy! I used 6 very large Melrose so I decreased the sugar to 1 cup. I cooked in the crockpot because I didn't have any room in the oven. I did 4 hours on low. When they were tender, I mixed in a teaspoon of cornstarch and water to thicken it a bit. I served with ham and it was a huge hit!!! The possibilities are endless!
Excellent! I was looking for a healthier dessert, as both my hubby & I have quite a big sweet tooth ;) This fit the bill! I halved the recipe and sub'd honey for the sugar and added about 2 teaspoons molasses powder. Served these plain, it was yummy all by itself! Very good, thanks for posting, will definitely make again!
This is so easy, quick, and yummy! I use splenda brown sugar and it turns out great! I make these all the time now, for my fiance and me.