Recipe by The Giggle Box
These cinnamon apples taste like a cobbler or pie without the crust. I was looking for a recipe for Cinnamon apples and all I could find were recipes for baking the whole apple - not what I wanted. After much searching I finally came across this recipe - I unfortunately cannot remember the site. It can easily be reduced to 2 or 3 apples, just watch it as it cooks. We serve this over ice cream and it is delicious. It can also be used on pancakes, waffles, or all by itself.
Top Review by CrazyBoutCooking
These are really yummy! I used 6 very large Melrose so I decreased the sugar to 1 cup. I cooked in the crockpot because I didn't have any room in the oven. I did 4 hours on low. When they were tender, I mixed in a teaspoon of cornstarch and water to thicken it a bit. I served with ham and it was a huge hit!!! The possibilities are endless!
- 10 apples, cored, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (optional)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash nutmeg
- whipped cream (optional) or ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place cut and peeled apples in a mixing bowl and gently mix all the ingredients together.
- Put apples in a non-stick pan; cover and place in the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring at least once every 15 minutes.
- Once they are soft, cook for another few minutes to thicken the cinnamon sauce.
- I like to put everything into my baking dish and then mix it since there is less to clean up.