Prep 48 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Has the consistency of barbecue sauce and is actually quite good when used as barbecue sauce on chicken. Made for a neighbor who saw a pineapple mustard recipe online, but couldn't find it again. Prep time is mostly refrigeration.
- 1⁄4 cup mustard powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple (rings, crushed, whatever)
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Puree pineapple and juice in a blender.
- In a medium bowl with the pureed pineapple, whisk in the mustard powder and cider vinegar. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Add the sugar, eggs and flour to the mustard mixture. Pour into a saucepan. Bring to a boil over med-high heat, stirring continuously, until thickened.
- Refrigerate overnight to thicken completely.