Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Bon Appetit, July 2003. Sounds good and easy.
- 2⁄3 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot mustard
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 chicken thighs, with skin excess fat trimmed
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Combine first 4 ingredients in small saucepan.
- Whisk over medium heat until preserves melt.
- Set glaze aside.
- Sprinkle chicken generously on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken, skin side down, on outer edges of grill rack.
- Cover grill and cook chicken until skin is light golden, turning occasionally, about 15 minutes total.
- Continue to grill, brushing with glaze and turning occasionally, until skin is blackened in spots and juices run clear when thighs are pierced with fork, about 10 minutes longer.
- Divide among 4 plates and serve.