Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
Better than the packaged variety. Don't skimp on the hot sauce, it mellows with cooking.
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried onion (optional)
- Cover broiler pan with foil.
- Poke holes in foil.
- Arrange wings on broiler pan.
- Broil wings until lightly browned.
- Combine sauce ingredients.
- Simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
- Dip wings in sauce.
- Place on foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350* for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Baste occasionally.
- Broil to crisp if desired.
Made these in the crockpot this weekend. Doubled the sauce. After browning these under the broiler, threw them in the crock, covered with sauce and cooked on Lo for 3 hours - they were fall off the bone good. Very tasty sauce - I used red rooster hot sauce.
Pretty good! I added a bit more hot sauce and pepper flakes, and they still weren't that hot. Next time, I'll add even more hot sauce to fire up the husband.