Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Thai spicy salad
- 5 leaves crisp lettuce
- 1 clove garlic, finely-chopped
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 sprig coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 2 ounces medium button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces dry clear vermicelli, soaked in water for 20 minutes until soft,then drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2⁄3 cup black fungus mushrooms, pre-soaked
- 2⁄3 cup button mushroom
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped (with leaves)
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- Line a serving dish with lettuce and set aside.
- Fry the garlic in the oil until golden brown and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the stock and add the fresh mushrooms, cook momentarily, then add all the other yam ingredients and stir for approximately one minute until thoroughly mixed.
- Finally, add the garlic oil and mix, turn on to the lettuce and garnish with coriander.