Recipe by Mrs B
This flavoured butter is from Norway. Traditionally you serve it cold with hot grilled or fried fish. Alternatively, do what I do and mix a few spoons into mashed potato (I’ve been known to add extra horseradish too) or mashed swede (rutagaba), MMmm! You need to allow for chilling time (for the butter and the cook!!!) before serving. Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005.
- 8 ounces butter (at room temperature)
- 4 tablespoons prepared creamed horseradish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter until it is light and fluffy; the butter should be almost white in colour.
- Add the horseradish sauce and salt, if using, and beat into the butter to mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to a serving dish or small individual sized pots; chill until ready to use.