Recipe by Mille®
Freeze them and then cook only as many as you need at one time.
Top Review by Dancer^
I followed the recipe perfectly and frozen them. These were great, they baked a little quicker in her oven but still turned out great. I used fresh asparagus, but think I will try it with frozen next time. Thanks. Very tasty a keeper.
- 2 loaves sandwich bread
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesfresh asparagus spears or 2 (10 ounce) packagesfrozen asparagus spears
- 3⁄4-1 lb unsalted butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim crust from bread and flatten with a rolling pin.
- Beat cheeses and eggs together.
- Spread each piece with cheese mixture.
- Roll asparagus spears in bread.
- Dip in melted butter or margarine.
- Freeze with paper between layers.
- To serve, remove from freezer, slice in thirds, and bake for 15 minutes at 375°F to 400°F on a cookie sheet.