Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A pretty cheap main dish to stretch your budget. Can also be a one-dish breakfast. I say below that light mayo (low-fat) is okay, but I think NON-fat tastes yucky and would not use that. I'm not that wild about cooked celery, so I substitute chopped zucchini or other vegetable for the celery, but that's just me.
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 scallions, chopped (white plus green parts)
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise (light is OK) or 1 cup Miracle Whip (light is OK)
- salt (optional)
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (1 ounce) bag potato chips, crushed
- Toss together the first 8 ingredients (eggs through salt and pepper).
- Top with grated cheese and sprinkle with crushed potato chips.
- Bake at 350F 30 minutes.