This came from Firehouse Subs. I like the Hook & Ladder, but it's quite expensive (Around $5.50 for an 8 inch, and $7.50 for a 12 inch). I haven't tried this recipe out, but I brainstormed it up, so tell me if there's any problems. You can change the amount of or remove any ingredient to suit your tastes. Each serving = 1 medium sub. Cooking and prep time are just a guess, but this'll probably take a while.
My Private Note
8 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 8 inches submarine rolls, toasted
- 1/8 lb smoked turkey breast
- 1/8 lb honey-roasted ham
- 1 1/2 ounces monterey jack cheese, melted
- 1 ounce romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 ounce onion, diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mustard (firehouse use's spicy mustard, mixing the mayo and spicy mustard makes for less of a mess)
- 1Toast the sub roll.
- 2Dice the onions.
- 3Smoke or cook the turkey breast. If store bought and already cooked (from the deli, etc), skip this.
- 4Cook the ham. If store bought and already cooked, skip this.
- 5Glaze the ham with honey. (Buying honey glazed ham stops from having to "glaze" honey onto ham. Glazing ham require's baking the ham which is ok considering FH subs are already cooked/toasted slightly when ordered.).
- 6Take the meat out, and put on the sub.
- 7Take out the Monterey Jack, and melt it. Does not have to be melted.
- 8Take out the lettuce, diced onion, mayo, and mustard.
- 9Put all ingredients on the sub.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hook & Ladder Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.4
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 85.6 mg
- Sodium 1684.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 34.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: