Recipe by nitrogeneration
This came from Firehouse Subs. I like the Hook & Ladder, but it's quite expensive (Around $5.50 for an 8 inch, and $7.50 for a 12 inch). I haven't tried this recipe out, but I brainstormed it up, so tell me if there's any problems. You can change the amount of or remove any ingredient to suit your tastes. Each serving = 1 medium sub. Cooking and prep time are just a guess, but this'll probably take a while.
Top Review by jsyk79
Recipe is pretty much spot on other then you can buy pre-glazed ham as well as it does not mention firehouse use's spicy mustard not basic yellow mustard and all ingriedents (sp) are toasted together not seperatly
- 1 (8 inch) submarine rolls, toasted
- 2 ounces smoked turkey breast
- 2 ounces honey-roasted ham
- 1 1⁄2 ounces monterey jack cheese, melted
- 1 ounce romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 ounce onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons mustard (firehouse use's spicy mustard, mixing the mayo and spicy mustard makes for less of a mess)
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast the sub roll.
- Dice the onions.
- Smoke or cook the turkey breast. If store bought and already cooked (from the deli, etc), skip this.
- Cook the ham. If store bought and already cooked, skip this.
- Glaze the ham with honey. (Buying honey glazed ham stops from having to "glaze" honey onto ham. Glazing ham require's baking the ham which is ok considering FH subs are already cooked/toasted slightly when ordered.).
- Take the meat out, and put on the sub.
- Take out the Monterey Jack, and melt it. Does not have to be melted.
- Take out the lettuce, diced onion, mayo, and mustard.
- Put all ingredients on the sub.