Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
great cake for desert or as a breakfast pastry
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300F and lightly grease a 13 x 9" baking pan.
- Mix the first four ingredients together well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans.
- Swirl into cake batter.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Glaze: Mix all ingredients and pour over warm cake.
I loved this cake and so did my in-laws, husband, son and co-workers. I made just as written except I used about 3/4 cup of brown sugar...because that is all I had on hand. It was perfect and so yummy, even on the next day! I will be making this again for sure!
Delicious and very easy to make! I only used 3/4 cup brown sugar and it was plenty sweet. Everyone loved it. Will make again.
As far as to tell you it tastes like a honeybun,I don't know,because I had to leave TWICE while I was trying to mix all the ingredients,so in a rush,I ACCIDENTALLY mixed ALL the cake ingredients!! It turned out GREAT though. VERY moist and all the flavors seem to meld together.I then poked holes in the top with a skewer for the glaze to soak in.Thanks for the recipe!