Recipe by Cindy hopper
great cake for desert or as a breakfast pastry
Top Review by Chef Kelly Bug
I loved this cake and so did my in-laws, husband, son and co-workers. I made just as written except I used about 3/4 cup of brown sugar...because that is all I had on hand. It was perfect and so yummy, even on the next day! I will be making this again for sure!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300F and lightly grease a 13 x 9" baking pan.
- Mix the first four ingredients together well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Combine brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans.
- Swirl into cake batter.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Glaze: Mix all ingredients and pour over warm cake.