Recipe by looneytunesfan
Adopted from the RecipeZaar account. I haven't made these yet.
Top Review by LUv 2 BaKE
These are very good fluffy waffles. However, the recipe is somewhat confusing. They are called Honey Yogurt Waffles, yet honey is not listed in the ingredients! So, I assumed it was a typo and added about 1 tbsp. The directions also list confectioner's sugar and oil which are not in the ingredients (therefore I didn't add them). I used peanut oil instead of butter, and 1 cup whole wheat and 1/2 cup all purpose. I also used a little bit less skim milk. Because of the confusing directions I have to give this recipe a 4 instead of a 5.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 eggs (or egg substitute equivalent to 2 eggs)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flour, baking powder, confectioners' sugar, oil, milk and egg yolks.
- Beat the egg whites until they stand in soft peaks and fold into the batter (do not overmix).
- Using a 4-ounce ladle, pour 1/8 of the mixture into a hot waffle iron and bake for about 2 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Top with the fruit and whipped cream and serve hot.