Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adopted from the RecipeZaar account. I haven't made these yet.
Make and share this Honey Yogurt Waffles recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, confectioners' sugar, oil, milk and egg yolks.
- Beat the egg whites until they stand in soft peaks and fold into the batter (do not overmix).
- Using a 4-ounce ladle, pour 1/8 of the mixture into a hot waffle iron and bake for about 2 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Top with the fruit and whipped cream and serve hot.
These are very good fluffy waffles. However, the recipe is somewhat confusing. They are called Honey Yogurt Waffles, yet honey is not listed in the ingredients! So, I assumed it was a typo and added about 1 tbsp. The directions also list confectioner's sugar and oil which are not in the ingredients (therefore I didn't add them). I used peanut oil instead of butter, and 1 cup whole wheat and 1/2 cup all purpose. I also used a little bit less skim milk. Because of the confusing directions I have to give this recipe a 4 instead of a 5.