- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon gluten, plus
- 1 teaspoon gluten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons fast rising yeast (or 2 3/4 t. bread machine yeast)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients to the pan according to the order in the manufacturer's instructions.
- Set crust on medium and program for the Basic cycle; press Start.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a rack.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing.