Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Simple and to die for.
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (5 lb) bone-in ham, fully cooked spiral sliced
- Combine honey, whiskey, and cloves in small bowl; mix until well blended.
- Place ham cut side down into roasting pan and brush with honey mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake at 275°F for 1 hour, or until heated through. Remove foil and increase oven to 425°F Brush with honey mixture and bake about 10 minutes, or until ham is golden brown.
- Remove from pan, place on serving platter and pour juices over ham.
Best ham I have ever tasted!! I made this for Christmas Eve and it was a huge success!! I am not a big fan of ham so I wanted something to "spice" it up, this did the trick and was fantastic!
Wow, what great flavor! This was so simple and tasted wonderful. Made this recently exactly as the recipe states... and will definitely make again! What a hidden treasure. Thanks for sharing this recipe ;)
Simple indeed, which I love about this glaze. Instead of the ground cloves, I scored the ham and inserted whole cloves, then brushed the glaze over. The cooking technique was perfect and I've never thought of doing it that way....cover the ham for the first hour, then uncover and cook on high. It turned out just perfect! I used a smoked ham from a half-hog we purchased...the ham was smoked with applewood. This was great, thanks Recipe Fairy :)