Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
A tasty twist on a potato roll. Very moist and tender. Can substitute melted butter for the oil for extra richness if desired. I mix in a kitchen aid and shape by hand, but could also be mixed in a breadmaker and shaped by hand for baking.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 1⁄2 cups water (105 to 115 F)
- 1⁄2 cup mashed potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- Soften yeast in warm water with honey until foamy in mixer bowl equipped with dough hook.
- Add remaining ingredients and let mixer knead the dough hook for five minutes. Dough will be soft.
- Cover and place in warm place until risen to double. You can also cover and let it rise slowly in refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Punch down and shape into 24 rolls. Place side by side in greased 13 by 9 pan.
- Cover and let rise again until doubled in size.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes then lower oven to 350 for an additional 12-15 minutes.