Honey Wheat Rolls
These rolls are similar to the refined plain white version found in restaraunts. While warm they are delicious with honey butter and wonderful for sandwiches the next day.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 45mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 3⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place ingredients except for the melted butter in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select dough cycle; press start.
- When dough cycle has finished, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and shape into rolls by pinching and pulling the dough into balls, with smooth side facing up.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheets; cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Brush rolls with melted butter. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Alternative: These can be stored after shaping in the refrigerator until ready for rise.
- Simply remove from fridge and allow to come to room temperature, which is usually all the additional rising time they need.
- They should be approximately double the size after shaping.
- Bake as usual.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I love this roll recipe! The texture and taste was outstanding! I made two separate batches to feed a crowd. I made them up the day before and placed them on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. I covered them with plastic wrap and then a clean towel and placed them in the refrigerator overnight. I pulled them out of the refrigerator and left them covered about 1 1/2 hours before baking. I baked mine about 15 minutes. I forgot to brush the tops with melted butter before baking, but they were still delicious! Thank you Daphne2002 for posting. I will use this recipe over and over again! :)3Reply
see 13 more