Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from Steph's Country Kitchen Goodness.
- 236.59 ml flour
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml honey
- 118.29 ml milk
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil (or use 2 tbsp. each oil and applesauce)
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat egg, honey, milk, and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 375º for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- Yield: 6 muffins.
- (You could get 8 muffins out of this batter, though).
These muffins are so light and so very tasty. I used the combo of applesauce and vegetable oil instead of just using oil. I baked these for 20 minutes at 180C. I shared them with a friend who said they were wonderful and asked me for the recipe. Thanks for sharing!
For the past month I have been making these weekly for a quick grab n' go breakfast. Great texture and love the mildly sweet honey taste! I used less oil and more applesauce. Easy to make and always come out perfect! Thanks!
Great muffins. I like the sweetness from the honey. Chosen for PAC Fall 2006.