Recipe by Dib's
These are so good with good quality ice cream! Be prepared to lick your fingers! I make these at Easter time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn oil
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 2 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 orange juice, and zest of
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups flour (you may need a bit more)
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- In a large bowl beat the oil and butter until creamy.
- Add 3/4 cup of sugar and continue beating until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the orange juice and zest, mixing well.
- In a small bowl combine the baking powder, baking soda and 1 cup of the flour.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the oil mixture incorporating well.
- Slowly stir in the remaining 3 cups flour, mixing well.
- The dough should be able to hold its shape.
- Shape by teaspoonfuls into ovals about 2 inches long and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cookies are firm and just lightly browned.
- Remove and cool on wire racks.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan boil together the honey, sugar and orange liquor.
- Reduce heat to low.
- While syrup is gently simmering dip the cookie in for a moment or two, making sure all sides are covered.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and sprinkle immediately with the chopped walnuts.
- Dry on a wire rack.