Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
I created this recipe one morning because I wanted something different for breakfast. It is a quick recipe to make, great for dorm rooms, and tastes great too. I suggest using a relatively stiff bread, because it will get a tad softer once it has cooked. Grade A Clover Honey is what I used in this recipe (it is the best!). All of the measurements (besides the bread) are more of an eye measurement than exact; If you want more, add more, if you want less, add less. That simple. This could also be a snack or desert if you wish. Just have fun with it.
- 1 slice rye bread (or bread of choice)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (to taste)
- 1⁄4 tablespoon softened butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Take out your butter to let it soften, or pop it in the microwave for 10-20 seconds for quick softening.
- Spread the butter over the slice of bread.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon over the buttered bread.
- Add the desired amount of honey on it, then use a knife to spread the honey and cinnamon together on the bread.
- Put it on a microwave safe plate and pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds to a minute. Allow it to cool slightly before eating.