Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
A delightfully rich and special cookie sammich! Used from Pillbury.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) roll refrigerated peanut butter cookies (or your own recipe)
- 3⁄4-1 cup honey roasted dry peanuts, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, and honey with an electrix mixer on medium until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar; beat until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour. (This can be done while you're baking and cooling your cookies.).
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Make cookies as directed on package or according to your recipe. Cool completely.
- Spread 1/3 cup of peanut butter mixture on the bottom of one cookie. Top with another cookie, bottom side down to make a sandwich.
- Press cookies together slightly so peanut butter mixture just extends past the edges of the cookies.
- Roll the edge of the peanut butter mixture in chopped peanut mixture to generously coat.
- Repeat with the remainder of the cookies.
- Serve immediately.
- If you need to store these, this can be done in tightly covered tupperware and placed in the refirgerator for up to 4 hours.