Recipe by LAURIE
This combo of "P's", pork, potatoes, peppers and peaches, works great together with the honey/mustard. Remember to soak skewers in water for at least 30 minutes if you use bamboo.
Top Review by Petite Mommy
My family wasn't a fan of this dish which suprised me. Usually anything with honey mustard is a winner. The dried tarragon didn't add much to the marinade so the honey and mustard and cider vinegar really sweetened up the dish. It seemed like something was missing from the dish. But, we might try it again using fresh spices and alternating the amount of honey.
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) pork tenderloin, cut into 24 one-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon (or 2 tablespoons cider vinegar)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3 sweet potatoes, cut into 8 pieces
- 4 medium peaches, ripe and unpeeled, pitted and quartered
- 4 green bell peppers, each cut into 8 pieces
- 80 inches skewers
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to medium-hot.
- Mix bourbon, honey, mustard and tarragon in bowl; stir well and set aside.
- Steam or boil sweet potatoes until crisp-tender.
- Thread 3 sweet potato cubes, 3 pork cubes, 2 peach quarters, and 4 pepper pieces alternately onto each of eight 10-inch skewers.
- Brush kabobs with honey mixture.
- Lightly oil grill.
- Grill kabobs, basting occasionally, 5 minutes on each side or until done (internal temp 155°F).
- Serve kabobs on a bed of seasoned rice.