Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
Submitted by request as an Applebee's copycat recipe. Sounds like it would be good over all kinds of meats or as a marinade.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon szechuan sauce (from Asian food section at most supermarkets)
- Mix water and corn starch in a saucepan until no lumps remain.
- Add honey, soy sauce, and pepper sauce and stir thoroughly.
- Heat over medium, stirring occasionally until thickened.
- Remove from heat and serve.
This sauce is good and spicy! I dipped chicken and roasted potatoes in it. It was just right. Thanks for sharing!