Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
Moist cookie; from Taste of Home
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- additional sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar until fluffy.
- Add honey, eggs and lemon juice; beat well.
- Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Fold in pecans.
- Shape into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar.
- Place on un-greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 2 minutes; remove to wire racks.
I made these cookies for my kids today. They really went for them. The cookies had a real good flavor. I'm thinking about entering these cookies in the fair this year. I may have found the blue ribbon cookie. Lesa33