Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love this bread. But I love anything with honey in it. This recipe makes three loaves.
- 1⁄8 cup yeast
- 1⁄2 cup hot water (105 -110 )
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 3⁄4 tablespoons salt
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 7 1⁄2 cups flour
- In a bowl mix yeast and water and let stand. Mix next five ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add yeast and water mixture. Mix together. Add flour. Set to rise.
- Divide dough and knead.
- Shape into 3 loaves and put into greased standard loaf pans. Let rise. Bake at 325° for 35 minutes.
- Optional: Coat top of loaves with egg white mixture and oats before baking.