Recipe by Geniale Genie
I created this recipe when looking for a somewhat health-ier version of the classic oatmeal cookie. Here's what came of it, hope you like it :)
Top Review by Red Cliffs
I was looking for some simple dairy free cookies and these are definitely it. They have a nice texture and flavour, although I did use macadamia nuts as I didn't have any walnuts in the cupboard. DH was a bit dubious because they were dairy free but he took a bite and said "these are good", so I'd make these again. Thanks for the recipe.
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend honey with the egg and oil.
- Sift flours, baking powder, and salt into the honey mix. Stir well.
- Add oats and mix until even.
- Stir in nuts and cranberries (if using).
- If necessary, cover and refrigerate dough 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed or parchment paper.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, drop dough onto sheet.
- Bake, on the top rack, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit on cookie sheet 5 minutes.
- Place on cooling rack.