Recipe by KLHquilts
I ended up tweaking a coleslaw recipe so much that it really became a new recipe. My husband was so enthusiastic about this, and was so adamant that this be put into rotation, that I figured I'd better post it. Recipezaar has sure taught me to experiment! Fearless cooking is so much fun......
Top Review by Artemis Platts
I made the dressing part of this recipe to use on a "regular" lettuce-based salad, and it was well-balanced, sweet-spicy and delicious. My husband and I both enjoyed it greatly and we'll make it again. I think it would also be very good with more yogurt and less mayo, just to cut calories a bit.
- 16 ounces coleslaw mix (1 package)
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 apple, peeled and diced small-ish
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh (actually juice of one lemon)
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons honey (less if you don't have a sweet tooth like we have!)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (I use my homemade Dijon, which is really hot ( you might want to try a little more than a tablespoon)