Recipe by chris_tam
I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and would like to post it here for safe keeping. Looks so good and I can't wait to try!
Top Review by Sassyfras
I made a few changes but feel they are still with in the realm of being able to rate it. They honey I had has crystallized and I didn't have the patient to boil it so I grabbed agave and used it instead. The asparagus had gone bad before I had a chance to cook so I omitted it. Other than these changes I followed the recipe. It was very good. I loved the squash and the fish was gobbled down. The kids thought the squash was sweet potato. My kids eat squash normally and this gives me a new way to serve it. I liked the taste of the agave with the lime. They worked really well together.
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb tilapia fillet
- salt and pepper
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus spear, trimmed and chopped
- poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In a large bowl, mix the honey, lime juice, and garlic. Season tilapia with salt and pepper, place in the bowl, and marinate 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- 3. Arrange the squash and asparagus in the baking dish. Place tilapia on top of vegetables, and season with poultry seasoning. Discard remaining marinade.
- 4. Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until vegetables are tender and fish is easily flaked. Sprinkle with mozzarella, and continue baking 5 minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned.