Bob Juen's Note:
A tangy and sweet change from all those 'hot wings' we've been eating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs chicken wings, sections
- 1/4 cup Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 1/2-2 cups homemade stock or 1 1/2-2 cups canned chicken broth
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canadian steak seasoning (the dry shake kind)
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- salt (go easy, the broth may be salty, you can always add more later)
- black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (omit for milder sauce) (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1GRILL 2 lbs of wings:
- 2Season liberally with 'Old Bay' seafood seasoning and
- 3grill over medium heat turning frequently for 30 to 40 minutes.
- 4making sure they're cooked through and starting to get crispy.
- 6Wisk all sauce ingredients together, except corn starch, in a saucepan and bring to a slow simmer for 10 minute.
- 7Thicken slightly with 1 tbs corn starch dissolved in 2 tbls water:.
- 8Add thickening a little at a time while bringing the mixture up
- 9to a full boil. When it is thick like pancake syrup it's done, thicken no more.
- 10Turn off heat and let rest, it will thicken more as it cools.
- 12Toss grilled wings in a large bowl pouring Honey-lemon glaze over and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey-Lemon Glazed Grilled Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 609.6
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 174.7 mg
- Sodium 170.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 24.6 g
- Protein 41.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning