1/1 Photo of Honey-Herb Cornish Game Hens
1 hr 15 mins
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
I saw this in a magazine and thought it looked absolutely delicious. It would make a very fancy romantic meal or even be great for a dinner party with friends. I love the idea of using Cornish hens because of the combo of dark and white meat. The hens are baked, but I want to try them on the grill when it gets warm.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse and pat dry hens. Cut out the backbone and split through the breastbone. Trim any excess skin or fat.
- 2Place oil in a shallow pan and heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, honey, thyme, and oregano. Season hens with salt and pepper.
- 4Once pan is heated, place hens skin side down and brush with half of the honey mixture.
- 5Bake for 30 minutes. Flip hens and brush with remaining honey mixture. Bake 20-30 minutes longer, or until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees. Place on a platter.
- 6Drain drippings into a fat separator or skim as much fat as possible. Serve with hens.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey-Herb Cornish Game Hens
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 930.2
- Calories from Fat 588
- Total Fat 65.4 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 446.0 mg
- Sodium 363.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 75.9 g