1/1 Photo of Honey Ginger Chicken Bites
Leslie in Texas's Note:
These bite-sized appetizers are steeped in a mixture of garlic, soy sauce, ginger, citrus and honey. The marinade is then reduced and used to glaze the chicken. Originally from a local paper food section on cooking light. You may substitute boneless, skinless chicken breasts for the thighs and you may want to add some red pepper flakes or hot sauce if you like your food spicy! Prep time does not include marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons peeled minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces (about 16 thighs)
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- 1Combine honey, ginger, lemon juice, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, orange rind, Worcestershire sauce and garlic in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and shake well.
- 2Add chicken; seal and toss to coat.
- 3Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- 4Preheat oven to 425°.
- 5Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade.
- 6Arrange chicken in a single layer on the rack of a broiling pan coated with cooking spray.
- 7Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and bake for 20 minutes, stirring once.
- 8While chicken is cooking, strain marinade through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids.
- 9Place marinade in a saucepan; bring to a boil and cook 3 minutes, skimming solids from surface.
- 10Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- 11Add cornstarch mixture to pan, stirring with a whisk; cook 1 minute.
- 12Remove from heat and pour glaze into a large bowl.
- 13Preheat broiler.
- 14Add chicken to glaze; toss well to coat.
- 15Place chicken mixture on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray; broil 5 minutes or until browned, stirring twice.
- 16Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Ginger Chicken Bites
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.6
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 39.3 mg
- Sodium 340.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 9.6 g