Prep 25 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This is an old CL recipe that appeared as an appetizer. I serve it as dinner over rice and think it's fantastic that way.
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a ziplock bag. Seal and shake well. Add chicken, seal, and toss to coat. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 425. Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade. Arrange chicken in a single layer on the rack of a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 425 for 20 minutes, stirring once. While chicken is cooking, strain marinade hrough sieve into a bowl; discard solids. Place marinade in saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook 3 minutes; skim solids from surface.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl with a whisk. Add cornstarch mixture to pan, stirring with whisk; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; pour glaze into a large bowl. Preheat broiler. Add chicken to glaze; toss to coat. Place chicken mixture on a jelly roll pan; broil 5 minutes or until browned. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
This was really good. I got lazy and didn't follow the last few steps. I just baked the chicken and served with some of the honey sauce spooned on top. But I think it was still great. Thanks!