Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is such a good recipe and a family favorite. the combination of citrus and garlic gives it just the right flavor. I usually get some baby carrots and cook them in some orange juice and honey in a saucepan to go along with it.
- 1 whole roasting chicken
- 1 whole lemon, pierced with a fork
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Roll Lemon on kitchen counter to loosen insides and pierce with a fork.
- Place Lemon inside of chicken cavity along with the clove of garlic.
- Put chicken into crock pot.
- Pour orange juice and honey over the chicken.
- Sprinkle pepper on top.
- Cover and cook on high for about 8 hours.
Oh I just HATE to give a bad review, but I have to. I'm sorry. This was not for me. I think the cooking time is too long. Maybe I should have kept a better eye on it. Or perhaps high for 4/6 hours. (?) I cooked with ultra-fresh ingredients and even the flavor was bad.
Will make again and again. Did not put lemon or garlic in cavity. Chicken was still frozen, so I quartered the lemon and peeled a few cloves and just thru them in. Very tender and good flavor.
EAsy to make and great flavor, excellent family meal.