Not your standard toasted nuts; sweet, yet slightly salty, with a flash of smokey fire. Goes great in soups (especially sweet potato or pumpkin) and salads or delicious on their own as a snack or party appetizer.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a skillet, warm honey with chipotle powder and cinnamon over low heat, then add the nuts and stir to coat evenly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then spread nuts evenly in a single layer on the sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until nuts are fragrant (10-15 minutes).
- Allow to cool slightly (1 minute).
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and salt.
- Add the warm pecans, and toss to coat evenly.
- Spread out on fresh sheet of waxed paper and let dry completely.
- Store in an airtight container.