Recipe by littleturtle
Not your standard toasted nuts; sweet, yet slightly salty, with a flash of smokey fire. Goes great in soups (especially sweet potato or pumpkin) and salads or delicious on their own as a snack or party appetizer.
Top Review by *****Sandy
Honey-Chipotle Pecans aka crack, or at least they should be. Honestly, you need to give us some warning with a recipe that is so delicious that you find yourself eating a weeks worth of calories before they have cooled from the oven.=) Thank you for sharing a recipe that I will probably make forever!
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried chipotle powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a skillet, warm honey with chipotle powder and cinnamon over low heat, then add the nuts and stir to coat evenly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then spread nuts evenly in a single layer on the sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until nuts are fragrant (10-15 minutes).
- Allow to cool slightly (1 minute).
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and salt.
- Add the warm pecans, and toss to coat evenly.
- Spread out on fresh sheet of waxed paper and let dry completely.
- Store in an airtight container.