Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From TOH Quick Cooking mag Sept/Oct 2001.
Make and share this Honey Chip Granola Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 680.38 g miniature marshmallows
- 59.14 ml honey
- 59.14 ml peanut butter
- 1182.95 ml old fashioned oats
- 1064.65 ml crisp rice cereal
- 236.59 ml graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 236.59 ml flaked coconut
- 236.59 ml crushed peanuts
- 118.29 ml miniature chocolate chip
- In a large saucepan, combine the butter, oil and marshmallows. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is melted and smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in honey and peanut butter. Combine the oats, cereal, cracker crumbs, coconut and peanuts. Add to the marshmallow mixture; mix well.
- Press into a gresed 15 x 10 x 1 inch pan. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with chips and gently press into top. Cool completely. Cut into bars.
These are good but not a granola bar in my mind; they taste like glorified rice krispy bars....tasty, but not as granla-y as I wanted it to be. Still a keeper, and I will continue making them until I find a different recipe. They were easy to make, have good flavor, and are a nice texture.
These are exactly what I was looking for. I've tried every granola bar recipe out there and I was disappointed with all of them. They all had a cookie texture and I wanted a more traditional granola bar texture...like a Cascadian Farms bar. These are it! Perfect texture and delicious too!