Cook1 hr 15 mins
I just love chicken...this is an easy, fast, tasty dish to prepare with few ingredients. It makes lovely moist, tender and crispy chicken breasts. This lovely simple dish is very versatile, if you'd like to add garlic, shallots, sweet onion, red pepper flakes, candied ginger or herbs by all means do so. My dh & I eat a lot of spicy dishes so every now and then we enjoy a simpler, subtler fare.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish combine the butter, honey and mustard.
- Put baking pan in oven to melt butter, making sure to blend everything together well.
- Next roll chicken in butter mixture.
- Place in baking dish with skin side down.
- Bake for 45 minutes in preheated 375 degree fahrenheit oven; baste every 15 minutes with sauce.
- After 45 minutes turn chicken and bake 30 minutes more until crispy.
- Serve with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans.
Since I'm a big fan of honey-mustard anything, I found the sauce in this quite simple recipe to be very tasty! I added a little minced garlic, then doubled the sauce ingredients & served it over brown rice along with green beans & cauliflower [loved the sauce with the rice & the beans & the cauliflower!!]! Thanks much for posting this recipe!
The rating was from 5 to 3 so we have settled on a 4 but I've personally decided after deliberation is really does deserve a 5. I used skinless boneless chicken fillets at about 250 grams each and allowed 45 minutes to cook them in the mix and to be honest when added they started to cook and with so much sauce just turned the chicken breasts and allowed 45 minutes to cook them and the juices/sauce was good served over some rice and we had steamed vegetables on the side. Depending how it affects my blood sugars of I will make again I would say I prefer on the bone so would use thigh on the bone which is readily available if not cooking for the DH or otherwise buy a whole chicken and quarter it and cook as per recipe.
We love chicken and this was a great way to cook it. I added S&P and garlic powder and only had to cook mine for 25 minutes. Made for I Recommend Zaar Tag Game 2010.