Sweet, chewy, and just plain ol' good with a tasty glaze. My mother used to make these all the time when I was little. The pecans are optional. The prep time is estimated.
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 pinch salt (a little less than an 1/8 of a teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Icing or glaze
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- For the bars:.
- Preaheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease and flour 9x13 baking pan.
- Mix oil, honey, egg and vanilla in large mixing bowl.
- In separate bowl, mix sugar, flour, cinnamon, pecans, salt and baking soda.
- Mix dry ingredients into moist.
- Put into baking pan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients and pour over hot bars fresh out of the oven.
These are really quite lovely. They have wonderful honey flavor and are delightfully moist and chewy. I absolutely love the slight sweetness and crisp of the glaze.
We didn't care for these. The flavor was okay but they came out really greasy and almost the texture of raw cookie dough. I tried baking them longer but finally took them out after 25 minutes when the edges were starting to burn.