Sweet, chewy, and just plain ol' good with a tasty glaze. My mother used to make these all the time when I was little. The pecans are optional. The prep time is estimated.
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 pinch salt (a little less than an 1/8 of a teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Icing or glaze
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- For the bars:.
- Preaheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease and flour 9x13 baking pan.
- Mix oil, honey, egg and vanilla in large mixing bowl.
- In separate bowl, mix sugar, flour, cinnamon, pecans, salt and baking soda.
- Mix dry ingredients into moist.
- Put into baking pan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients and pour over hot bars fresh out of the oven.