1/2 Photos of Honey Barbecue Chicken Strips
These are just like the ones served at restaurants and there great to serve at a get together although you will need to increase the amounts if you are feeding a crowd, I use Heinz hickory-flavor BBQ sauce but any brand will do as long as it is hickory flavor, if you like some heat then add in 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper to the flour mixture, serve with fries and coleslaw :)---- these are *very* good, I have made them many times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cut into strips
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- black pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
HONEY BBQ SAUCE
- 1For chicken strips: Mix flour, salt and pepper in a bowl; set aside.
- 2Place buttermilk in a separate bowl.
- 3Heat the oil for frying.
- 4Dip chicken strips in flour, then in buttermilk, and then again in flour.
- 5Place in hot oil (the temperature should read 375 degrees).
- 6Never crowd the chicken strips in the oil, fry only a few at a time until lightly golden brown Remove strips from oil; drain on paper towel.
- 7To make sauce: place all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan, mix thoroughly, and simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes; cool slightly.
- 8Dip one chicken strip in sauce at a time; place on baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- 9Place the chicken strips on a 350 degree oven.
- 10Bake for 20 minutes.
- 11Serve with french fries.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Barbecue Chicken Strips
Serving Size: 1 (469 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 726.0
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 148.0 mg
- Sodium 1483.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 28.9 g
- Protein 59.3 g