Low-Fat Buffalo Chicken Strips
photo by Sandi From CA
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs chicken tenders
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Rinse chicken strips, lay on paper towels to dry.
- Dredge each strip in flour, then RedHot sauce, then Panko bread crumbs.
- Lay on sprayed baking sheet (or parchment covered baking sheet).
- Bake for 17 minutes at 400 degrees.
- You can use regular bread crumbs. The critical thing is not to overcook these. They should be soft and moist. If you cut breasts into strips, you should adjust the cooking time (less time if you slice them thinner than tenders, more if you slice them thicker). We like to serve them with extra Frank's RedHot Sauce. My package of tenders yeilded 9 tenders, I'm calling 3 tenders a serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Total Surprise Success! I'm a bit embarrassed for my husband who scarfed down so many of these, I thought he'd burst, so I spread a tarp over the dining room just before dinner. (Ok, not really, but it's not a bad idea.) Anyway, this was our first time using Frank's at all, but I'd heard so much about it and that's what led me to this recipe, so I picked up a bottle of mild. I did use panko which I much prefer to bread crumbs for their crunch and served the strips with additional Frank's and a little ranch dressing. Maybe not so low-fat, but I didn't care! :o) Thank you for posting this, Chef 738454!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, read, garden, hiking and camping.