Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
From the Southern Saratoga County Women's Club cookbook.
- 3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, quartered
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup bottled clear French dressing
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1 lb canned sweet potatoes, drained
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken skin side down in a lightly buttered, shallowed 3 quart rectangular baking dish.
- Mix together honey, french dressing, and tarragon.
- Brush chicken lightly with some of the mixture.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes - brushing with mixture occasionally.
- Turn chicken skin side up and brush lightly with honey mixture.
- Bake 10 minutes longer.
- Add sweet potatoes and bake 10-15 minutes longer.
- Brush chicken and potatoes.