Recipe by Judith N.
Juicy, succulent and delicately spiced with Good Old-Fashioned Flavor. Recipe source "Creative Cooking made easy, The Golden Fluffo Cookbook" circa 1956. Prep time does not include time to prepare the pie crust.
Top Review by Vinson T.
The flavor was pretty on point. Like Trish said, a bit on the soupy side. I didn't quite do exacts on anything. Doubled the butter just because. Added brown sugar till it was pretty. And my homemade vanilla that has been seeping for almost two years now. I'll get definitely make it again with my own honey and some thickening agent. But overall this is an awesome base recipe!
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- 1182.95 ml sliced pared apples
- 177.44 ml honey
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 29.58 ml butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a pastry lined 9" pie plate with sliced apples, pour over them the 3/4 cup honey and sprinkle with 1 Tsp.
- each cinnamon and vanilla.
- Dot with small pieces of the 2 Tbls.
- butter, cover with slashed top crust.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes or until apples are tender.