Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love popcorn and even have a cookbook devoted to it!! Since I learned that I have diverticulitus I dont eat it as much and am really careful when I do but sometimes you just gotta live! This recipe is one that is so different you gotta try it. These days I leave out the seeds cause I absolutely cant have seeds but it is truly good anyway you make it!
- 5 quarts popped popcorn
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds, shelled
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, fresh grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, fresh grated
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Place popped popcorn and seeds in a large roasting pan.
- Mix together remaining ingredients and pour over popcorn.
- toss to mix well.
- Heat in 300 degree oven for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
What a wonderfuly different snack! I didn't have pumpkin seeds so I used cashews. Never would have imagined these ingredients together, thanks for posting.
My MIL was coming to town & we were planning a meal to take to the outdoor Shakespeare Festival. She had recently found out she was diabetic & was changing her diet so I searched for a snack that would be sweet enough to enjoy without being detrimental to her diet. I tried this one & everyone loved it. I'm making it again for a camping trip. Thanks for posting, Laurie!
This is so, so good. Had to make myself stop eating it. This will be great as gifts during the holidays.