Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from greengiantfresh.com
Make and share this Honey Almond Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 lbs green beans, fresh, ends trimmed off
- 2 tablespoons almonds, sliced (optional)
- Mix butter and honey. Set aside.
- Heat 1 inch wter to boiling ina 4 quart pan. Add green beans, heat to boiling; reduce heat. Boil uncovered 5 minutes. Cover and boil 5 to 10 minutes longer or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Toss beans and honey mixture. Sprinkle with almonds.
I love fresh green beans and this was an easy and quick way to make them! Served with Simple Greek Lemon Chicken Thighs With Potatoes (Low Fat) for 1 made a great meal. Thanks for sharing Lynn. Made for Zwizzle Chicks for ZWT6.
This recipe is so easy and delicious. I like the flavor the honey gives to the green beans, and the crunch from the almonds is a nice textural compliment. Thanks for sharing! (Made for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #30)