Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
Cooking Light, April 1999
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 large egg white
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, chopped
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Combine sugar, honey, butter, and oil in a bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended. Add extracts and egg white to sugar mixture. Beat until well-blended. Stir in flour mixture (dough will be sticky).
- Coat hands lightly with cooking spray; divide dough into 2 equal portions. Shape each portion into a 9-inch log. Wrap logs individually in plastic wrap; freeze 3 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cut each log into 24 (1/4-inch) slices, and place 1 inch apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Press almonds into cookies. Bake at 375° for 9 minutes. Cool 2 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pans; cool on wire racks.
- Yield: 4 dozen (serving size: 1 cookie).
- Calories 49(35% from fat); Fat 1.9g (sat 0.7g,mono 0.6g,poly 0.4g); Protein 0.7g; Cholesterol 3mg; Calcium 3mg; Sodium 30mg; Fiber 0.2g; Iron 0.3mg; Carbohydrate 7.4g.
horrible cooking instructions!!! 9 minutes at 375??? used a timer and they came out drastically burnt ....black on the bottom
Thanks for sharing your special cookies flashgrdma. These were so good. My dh, neighbors and I enjoyed them very much. I used a unpasterized buckwheat honey, it worked very well in this recipe. Next time I make these i will add a little cinnamon & nutmeg, just a personal preference.