- 1064.65 ml water
- 177.44 ml butter or 177.44 ml margarine
- 2365.9-2839.08 ml bread flour
- 236.59 ml powdered milk
- 29.58 ml yeast
- 19.71 ml salt
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml instant potato flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, combine 6 cups flour, dry milk, yeast, salt, sugar, and potato flakes; set aside.
- In microwave, heat water and margarine to 110 to 120 degrees.
- Add water mixture to flour mixture and beat on medium speed with mixer for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add enough flour for the mixture to form a stiff dough.
- Turn dough out onto floured board and knead about 10 minutes, adding flour as needed (I use my KitchenAid mixer with a dough hook).
- Be careful not to add too much flour; the dough should be smooth and elastic.
- Place the kneaded dough in a large oiled bowl and turn dough over to coat with the oil.
- Cover the dough with a large cloth and set aside in warm place to rise until it is doubled in size.
- Punch dough down and turn out onto floured board.
- Divide into 5 portions, shape each into loaves, and place in greased 4 1/2 x 8 1/2 inch non-stick loaf pans (the dark pans brown the bread better than the shiny pans).
- Cover pans with a cloth and let rise until doubled.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove bread from pans immediately and let cool on rack.
- Brush tops of loaves with butter.