1/4 Photos of Homemade Texas Chips With Guacamole Spread
A hearty appetizer, with great Southwestern flavor!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and mashed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 1 1/2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1Combine biscuit mix and water;stir just until blended.
- 2Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface, and knead lightly 3 or 4 times.
- 3Divide into 16pieces, and shape each piece into a ball.
- 4Sprinkle surface with cornmeal; roll each ball into a 5-inch circle.
- 5Pour oil to depth of 2 to 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 375*.
- 6Drop rolled dough, two pieces at a time, into hot oil, and cook 15 seconds on each side until puffed and golden.
- 7Drain on paper towels.
- 8Serve warm with Guacamole Spread.
- 9Yield: 16 appetizers
- 10Guacamole Spread:
- 11Combine all ingredients, stirring until well blended.
- 12Yield: 1 1/2 cups.
Browse Our Top Tex-Mex Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Texas Chips With Guacamole Spread
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.4
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 205.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 1.5 g