A hearty appetizer, with great Southwestern flavor!
Make and share this Homemade Texas Chips With Guacamole Spread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- regular cornmeal
- vegetable oil
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and mashed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salad dressing
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- Combine biscuit mix and water;stir just until blended.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface, and knead lightly 3 or 4 times.
- Divide into 16pieces, and shape each piece into a ball.
- Sprinkle surface with cornmeal; roll each ball into a 5-inch circle.
- Pour oil to depth of 2 to 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 375*.
- Drop rolled dough, two pieces at a time, into hot oil, and cook 15 seconds on each side until puffed and golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve warm with Guacamole Spread.
- Yield: 16 appetizers
- Guacamole Spread:
- Combine all ingredients, stirring until well blended.
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups.