Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I know, there are already 21 taco seasoning mix recipes. And I read ALL of them to make sure mine was different. Got this one from a rice cooker's group on Yahoo. This would be a great gift for a "real" cook. This can also be stored in the fridge or freezer for a VERY long period of time. Though, knowing you Zaarites, I'm sure it won't last very long! ;)
- 1 cup dried onion flakes
- 1⁄3 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin (I actually add an extra tablespoon-we love cumin)
- 4 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- Combine all ingredients and store in a cool, dry place.
- When you're using for Mexican dishes, use about 1 tablespoon or so per 1 pound ground beef, or chicken or beans.
- More if you like the extra flavor.
This is a very tasty and quick mix to make. We were very happy with the final results when I made chicken tacos using this recipe. Thanks for posting!