Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
That is how I make strawberry jam. No grocery store jam can match this one.
Make and share this Homemade Strawberry Jam recipe from Food.com.
- Clean and carefully wash strawberries. Remove all damaged or rotten parts. I recommend mixing forest and ordinary strawberries (1:1).
- Add sugar and let it stay in sugar 3-4 hours in a large pot. Stir occasionally and wait until fruit removes juices.
- Cook in the same large pot for 15 minutes making sure not to burn sugar. Stir always.
- After 14 minutes, add fresh juice of 2 lemons. Remove the foam and put the jam in hot (100°C) glass-bottle.
- If you like more firm jam, add pectin (usually available in grocery stores). Pectin is added 2 minutes before it is done because pectin looses its characteristic if you cook it too long. Close the hot glass-bottles and keep it in dark place.