Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Flavorful, inexpensive weeknight meal. By chef Julia Jasik of Employees Only in NYC
Make and share this Homemade Pork Sausage W/ Rigatoni & Baby Spinach recipe from Food.com.
- Mix spices and garlic with ground pork.
- Heat the oil in a very large pan and sautee the ground pork for 7-10 minutes or until cooked through (leave the meat in large pieces, then break it up with a wooden spoon once it's browned).
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta to al dente.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Add the pasta and water to the pork mixture with the heat on high (you want the liquid to reduce).
- Add spinach and tomatoes (you want the spinach to barely wilt).
- Immediately add the butter.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and add some freshly grated Parmesan if you like.
Saw a program on t.V. about sausage making and well you know the rest of the story. Added only 1 tablespoon of cumin, omitted the garlic and formed into patties. Looking forward to this for dinner. Will add my stars tomorrow.