6 hrs 10 mins
My mother made this delicious mixture for us when we were kids for breakfast. It's great for lunch or a snack also. It is made the night before, lasts a week in the refrigerator and is extremely easy to make. It may be easily altered for diet or allergy by substituting ingredients as suggested.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour oats into medium size bowl (one that may be covered). Add undrained fruit cocktail. Mix together.
- 2Add enough milk to cover entire mixture approximately 1/2 inch over the top. Mix well.
- 3Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 4Next morning: Add more milk or sweetener if you like, to taste. Mix well and serve.
- 5For Vegan use either the rice milk or the soy milk.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Oatmeal & Fruit Muesli
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.5
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 26.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 6.0 g