Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
My mother made this delicious mixture for us when we were kids for breakfast. It's great for lunch or a snack also. It is made the night before, lasts a week in the refrigerator and is extremely easy to make. It may be easily altered for diet or allergy by substituting ingredients as suggested.
- Pour oats into medium size bowl (one that may be covered). Add undrained fruit cocktail. Mix together.
- Add enough milk to cover entire mixture approximately 1/2 inch over the top. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning: Add more milk or sweetener if you like, to taste. Mix well and serve.
- For Vegan use either the rice milk or the soy milk.