Recipe by lynzen
My mother made this delicious mixture for us when we were kids for breakfast. It's great for lunch or a snack also. It is made the night before, lasts a week in the refrigerator and is extremely easy to make. It may be easily altered for diet or allergy by substituting ingredients as suggested.
- 2 cups rolled oats or 2 cups steel cut oats
- 1 (20 ounce) can fruit cocktail in light syrup (or pear juice)
- 1 -2 cup milk or 1 -2 cup soymilk or 1 -2 cup rice milk
- artificial sweetener, to taste (Sugar or substitute)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour oats into medium size bowl (one that may be covered). Add undrained fruit cocktail. Mix together.
- Add enough milk to cover entire mixture approximately 1/2 inch over the top. Mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning: Add more milk or sweetener if you like, to taste. Mix well and serve.
- For Vegan use either the rice milk or the soy milk.